Thursday, May 29, 2008

Beyond the Pale

One would think that, long ago, Hillary’s statements would have passed the “beyond the pale” test. No so. This time she has chosen to raise the specter of assassination into her frantic quest for the White House.

That this country is not free of the scourge of racism is as self-evident as the indisputable fact that Hillary is in this race not for the good of the Democratic Party, but for her own enormous ego and greed for power and prestige. For her to have raised the issue of Bobby Kennedy’s death in June – a crucial month to the avaricious seeker of the nomination – is so close to insensitivity and inhumanity as to be frightening. Particularly since the time frame was so striking: the devastating news of Edward Kennedy’s prognosis.

I have gone from – yes, simply – deploring Hillary to active apprehension. What will she be capable of doing next? And next? We have a candidate, Barack Obama, who is not perfect; no one is. But the promise of the man, his intellect and good heart – these are worthy of optimism. And fervent support.

Re: comments, which are always welcome. Either pro or con. In the “pro” corner, I am so grateful to Larjmarj who seems to be so much on my wavelength. Luddite that I am, and fear I evermore shall be, it is impossible for me to communicate with you as much as I would like. But I do thank you.

No comments: